[NAFEX] medlar death

Scott Smith scott at cs.jhu.edu
Mon Sep 14 10:54:48 EDT 2009

Rob, I have had significant problems with fireblight on my medlars.
One tree died and the remaining one gets lots of damage.  My guess is
that is your problem.  Both medlar and quince have proved quite
difficult for me due to fireblight.  This spring I sprayed agrimycin
and they were clean until summer, but I should have done more
preventative sprays as the FB came back in midsummer.  The midsummer
blight I get does not kill large branches, it is more spotty in that
individual leaves, fruits and small sections of tip will get it.
There is also not the tell-tale crook-neck on the later attacks since
the wood has hardened.

Scott