[NAFEX] Rosehip

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Mon Sep 14 10:51:11 EDT 2009

I have a species known as Rosa dumalis that is grown in Sweden for
commercial rose hip production.  I got it as seed from a Romanian
breeding station years ago.  It produces as many as 11 hips to a
cluster and the only disease it gets here is a  touch of powdery
mildew.  It's a very large shrub with arching canes that have very few
thorns.  The hips are solid, not soft like rugosa and they hang on well
into winter in good shape.
-Lon Rombough
short, low resolution clip here:
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
A video about The Grape Grower :