[NAFEX] Anton's nectarine question

Alan Haigh alandhaigh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 18:01:07 EDT 2009

Anton, I don't know exactly where you're located, which you should have
mentioned, but here in the northeast (southeastern NY, for me) we saw
extremely wet and cool weather for the first 2 months of "summer".
Freestoneness (ok, made up that word) arrived very late and up until about
Coralstar which comes in about 18 days after Redhaven even normal frees were
clings this year.

Don't ever think you can get any kind of evaluation from one season of a few
fruit, let alone a single mature harvest.  I want to know where you are
because if your few fruit were clean without a huge input of fungicide I'd
like to know all about it.  Nectarines rule!  Except maybe low acid ones.
I'm a sixties fruit acid-head.  Don't give me that fruit that tastes like
it's loaded with high-fruc cornsyrup.