[NAFEX] Edelweiss have turned red

mIEKAL aND qazingulaza at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 08:54:55 EDT 2009

All of my Edelweiss (from 2 sources) are turning a blush of red/
purple.  This is really the first year that I've had a sizable number
of clusters.  I find it hard to believe 2 different nurseries would
have mislabeled them.  Reading thru some of Swenson's notes I see in
one place how he described that Swenson red can look like a white
grape for some people.  I'm wondering if this is a similar result.  Or
is it because folks pick these at a very low brix & they don't have
time to develop a blush?  I'll try to get a few photos to post.

~mIEKAL