[NAFEX] autumn olive

S & E Hills ehills7408 at wowway.com
Thu Sep 10 16:37:04 EDT 2009

Planted 4 plants, 5 years ago (admittedly seedlings).  Big plants (now), but
I have been thoroughly underwhelmed by fruit production.  I have gotten
perhaps 12 fruit in all that time and the problem isn't birds or wildlife,
it's a lack of production.   I gave up on bush cherries years ago for
similar reasons (Hansen's first and then Nankings).

My Goumi, while still small, are a much better eleagnus in my opinion (but
then I'm biased by the lackluster production of AO)

Scott Hills

Zone 6b Michigan