[NAFEX] Fig flavor

mIEKAL aND qazingulaza at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 14:44:43 EDT 2009

I have Negronne, & it does produce a few brebas early on, but main
crop doesn't come close to ripening in time.

On Sep 7, 2009, at 12:21 PM, Richard Harrison wrote:

> mIEKAL,
>     Negronne(Beer's Black) is the earliest fig to ripen for me. It
> has good flavor. It's perhaps a month ahead of Celeste because of
> its "breba" crop.
>                                                                       Richard
>  Harrison, NW FL

I put all my fig plants along the south side of a concrete wall.  It
makes an excellent buffer to early frosts (or late spring frosts) &
such & I probably gain a week or more doing that.  It is also the only
place on the property that phyllostachys aureosulcata makes it thru
the winter in the ground.

~mIEKAL