[NAFEX] OT: squirells, coytes and wolves, oh my.

Naomi Counides naomi at oznayim.us
Mon Sep 7 11:04:37 EDT 2009

I have livestock guardian dogs with my goats at the other place and we do
not have losses to coyotes, Or foxes.  So far the reintroduced wolves have
not come around here.  A wolf pack can and will take on dogs.

However, often just the presence of guardian animals is enough to make a
predator reconsider.  Few years back we had a cougar near us.  Here we have
donkeys.  One morning I was out feeding and the donkeys left the barn with
out their treats and went "on duty."  After about an hour during which they
went through several levels of stand down, they returned to the barn for
their treat.

The donkeys have killed a fox in the past
Naomi