[NAFEX] Fig flavor

mIEKAL aND qazingulaza at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 10:58:43 EDT 2009

This of course makes a huge difference.  Here in Zone 4b in SW
Wisconsin I'm growing my figs outside in containers with no
greenhouse.  Last year I barely ripened anything tho I had a good
fruit set.  This year I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  The weather the
last 2 weeks is helping a lot.  I have a lot of varieties that come
awful close to ripening, if only the season was about 2 weeks longer.
All my trees come out of the basement first week of May, just
beginning to break bud & the season is over here anywhere between Oct
1 - Oct 15.

Also Anton mentioned Atreano which I have a few 2 year olds that are
loaded with fruit & looking like a good choice for container culture.
We'll see if they ripen here.  I'm hoping to get the producing
varieties inside a greenhouse next year.

~mIEKAL