[NAFEX] Steve's wildlife relocation comments

Steve sdw12986 at aol.com
Mon Sep 7 10:42:13 EDT 2009

Actually, it occurs to me that the people who relocate bears around here
do what they do for public relations more than for the good of the bear
or the ecology of the area. Many people might protest if they were to
show up and kill every bear that raided a few garbage cans. Some of them
might think it is more reasonable to kill a repeat offender.
One (and only one)reason that there is no relevance with how we handle
raccoons or squirrels is that what we do is not a public event. When the
  officials show up to deal with a bear, it must be quite a neighborhood
event. When we eliminate a squirrel or raccoon, it's just us.

Steve