[NAFEX] Gooseberries

Judson L. Frisk JLFRISK at IOWATELECOM.NET
Fri Sep 4 16:56:35 EDT 2009

Several of my 2 year old gooseberry plants have become defoliated.  The
leaves appear to be rolled up like tea leaves.  I have not seen any insects
on them.  I used ground up wood to mulch them from weeds and brome grass.
We have had a very wet summer (SW Iowa Z5).  Some of the older gooseberry
plants appear fine and the black currents planted in the same area appear
fine.  Unfortunately I do not care for the black currant fruit as much as
the gooseberry fruit.

Do you think that this is a temporary problem or do you think that I will
need to replant my gooseberries in a different spot?   Judson L. Frisk