[NAFEX] Fig flavor

Hilborn.E at epamail.epa.gov Hilborn.E at epamail.epa.gov
Thu Sep 3 10:46:46 EDT 2009

I am enjoying figs from my Hardy Chicago tree for the first time. The
tree has been in the ground 3 years, and this is the first time it has
ripened fruit.

I notice the flavor of the HC fig is more complex and richer than my
Brown Turkey and Celeste - my other 2 brown figs.  Do others agree?

Up until this point, I thought of all my brown-colored figs as tasting
mostly the same, sweet, but rather bland, regardless of variety.

Are there varieties that people think are really outstanding for flavor?

Betsy Hilborn
7a NC