[NAFEX] dwarf mulberry

Jay Cutts orders at cuttsreviews.com
Wed Sep 2 14:10:08 EDT 2009

I'm at 7000 ft in New Mexico.  I've got an Illinois Everbearing and a
variety from St Lawrence Nurseries called Northrup.  They claim Northrup
is hardier than IE, which I've always seen billed as the hardiest
mulberry.  As far as I can tell, it's true.  My IE has been killed to
the ground (so probably it's not even IE any more) a number of times and
the Northrup has done fine, with only slight damage in the worst years.
I've planted a new IE so I can observe the difference again.

So far the Northrup fruit is passable but not as sweet, large or juicy
as IE.

Best,

Jay

Jay Cutts