[NAFEX] Puget Gold apricot

Robert Bruns r.fred.bruns at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 12:34:58 EDT 2009

Jerry -

I tried Puget Gold.  It produced small, shriveled fruit that weren't that
sweet.  Hungarian Rose planted 40 feet away produced large, full apricots
with very good flavor.  Puget gold performs very well in the Pacific
northwest, but there is something about the soil/climate/pathogens of
Indiana that makes it perform poorly here.

Puget Gold did seem to improve the pollination of Hungarian Rose.  They
bloom within a day of each other.

Fred
Central Indiana
Zone 5B