[NAFEX] weirdly useless soil

Melissa Kacalanos mijwiz at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 2 11:56:44 EDT 2009

I haven't checked email for a while, so forgive me if someone mentioned this already, but we're talking about a soil amendment that was used as potting soil? I think the problem is simple, then, since potting soil has very specific drainage requirements. You can't just take a soil amendment meant for the garden and expect it to do well when used straight in a pot, since it probably doesn't have the right drainage. It might lead to problems even if used in too high a concentration in the garden, since the nutrient levels might be too high, and might burn roots. I bet this amendment was meant to be spread thinly over a garden and mixed in, not used straight.

Melissa