[NAFEX] Puget Gold apricot

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Wed Sep 2 10:40:29 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/1/2009 11:51:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
list at ginda.us writes:

> Thanks.  We had an extraordinarily cool wet spring, so I might gamble on
> the same cultivar (Puget Gold).  It had the virtue of setting fruit in New
> England, which I gather most apricots don't.
> Ginda

Dear group,

I just returned from the Annual NAFEX meeting held in Grand Junction, CO.
Excellent meeting, albeit too short.

Our apricot expert, Bob Purvis, brought several apricot taste samples.
Puget Gold was one. I'm not an apricot expert, but I can tell you Puget Gold is
wonderful wonderful tasting apricot. I had given up on growing apricots but
may try again for this variety.

Jerry