[NAFEX] pine needles

Jerrydana5 at aol.com Jerrydana5 at aol.com
Sun Oct 25 08:09:42 EDT 2009

I had the good fortune  ( I think) of getting a truck load of  chipped up
pine needles and twigs when the electric company trimmed trees around  lines
around here. They were glad to dump them on my property.  Would they  be
good mulch for my blueberry plants?    I have trouble keeping  the ph low
enough even with sphagnum peat moss and adding some sulfur. I have  heard that
pine needles and oak leaves are somewhat acid, only to hear from  other that
this is not true.  Can somebody enlighten me?  Jerry in  southern Indiana