[NAFEX] Asian Persimmon seedlings

Bassem Samaan bassem at gardener.com
Tue Oct 20 21:24:08 EDT 2009

I have Hana Fuyu and Great wall planted close together. This year they are loaded with fruit, and I noticed that they got seeds. Are these seeds a result of a cross between the two variety? I'm not sure if any of those two are known to produce male fruit. I was thinking of planting the seeds to see what the fruit is going to be like.
Have anyone attempted to grow Asian Persimmon seedlings in colder parts of the US?
I know of one variety called "Eureka" that is a seedling from an Asian persimmon grown in the US, but haven't heard of many seedlings setting fruit.

Thanks,

Bass Samaan
Bethlehem, pa, zone 6
http://www.TreesofJoy.com