[NAFEX] ghinkos as transexuals

Alan Haigh alandhaigh at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 14:23:00 EDT 2009

I find the theory of ghinkos converting from dieocious to moneicious on a
regular basis somewhat  doubtful as it is a common ornamental here and I
have several clients with very old trees that have stayed true to male sex.
If this was at all a common occurrence I doubt they'd be a very popular
ornamental (besides for a mostly Asian fan base).

Forest trees often take much longer to reach sexual maturity than the fruit
trees we commonly grow so maybe this would have something to do with the
late surprise.

Any misspellings in first para can be attributed  in part to the fact that
they are not in Google's dictionary (computer geeks- what do they know about
trees?).  Weirdly, they don't have google in their spell check either.