[NAFEX] Ginko propagation from cuttings

Dr. Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Fri Oct 16 13:28:00 EDT 2009

I had an archived NAFEX post, from a similar discussion, back in 1999, from
Rick Valley to mIEKAL:

I have not actually seen it- but on good authority (and having seen the
original tree where it was first growing) a few years back in Portland, OR,
a construction company had two large jobs going: at one in NE Portland they
took out an old house with a large ginko. The other was a new building at
Reed College in SE. A woman connected w/Reed happened to see the cut ginko
trunk in the company's equipment yard, sprouting. The trunk got hauled to
Reed and stuck in a bore-hole and is growing happily- maybe the largest
dormant cutting in history. -R

Rick Valley

Philomath, OR