[NAFEX] almond tree

Ron ron at kiwigrower.com
Thu Oct 15 20:11:46 EDT 2009

Kent (and others),

I guess it's good to know I'm not the only one witnessing that strange
growth.

I forgot to add that I am in Zone 7b about 25 miles NW of Atlanta GA.

I do not remember seeing any yellow leaves on the almond trees.  The lower
leaves must have dried and fell off quite early in the season.  There was
some vigorous new growth for a while, but it has looked like this for a long
time most of the summer with no change one way or the other.  Sorry for not
being more observant.

Is there anything I can do this late in the season too help it feel more at
home?  I read they like dryer climates so I built a 6 foot wide mound about
6 inches above the lawn.

Thanks,
Ron