[NAFEX] Golden Russet apple

Claude Jolicoeur cjoli at gmc.ulaval.ca
Tue Oct 13 14:40:14 EDT 2009

Personnally, I suspect there is quite a bit of confusion about true to name
Golden Russet. I have G.Russet and Ashmead's Kernel, and once picked, I
can't tell them apart - give me a basket of each, and they just look and
taste identical. Maybe one of the two has the wrong identity? I came to
think that at a certain point in the apple history, any apple that looked
like the G.rsst was called by that name!
Claude