[NAFEX] syrups. - Brix and sugar cont

Michael Dossett phainopepla at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 12 16:12:17 EDT 2009

I haven't read most of this thread as I am just now catching up with being away from my email for a while so maybe someone has already brought this up, but Brix is not a measure of sugar content.  Brix is a measure of the percent soluble solids.  In fruit, this tends to be dominated by sugars but there are many other compounds that will influence Brix measurements.

Michael

Michael Dossett
Corvallis, Oregon
www.Mdossettphoto.com