[NAFEX] Vile Maple Syrup

Richard Harrison rharrison922 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 12 13:01:34 EDT 2009

Jim,
   Part of the darker color could be from the methods used in making the maple syrup. Some folks make sorghum syrup by cooking down the juice and then adding more raw juice to the cooked down juice and keep on cooking. This increases the amount of substances that cause dark syrup--and may affect the overall quality.
   When we cook sugarcane syrup, we skim it and once it cooks down we take it up and bottle it then start a new batch. I think the quality is superior this way.
                                                              Richard, NW FL