[NAFEX] Recommendations for Zone 4 pears for perry & wine

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Mon Oct 12 11:46:13 EDT 2009

There are varieties selected specifically for perry. They have high
sugar and high tannins.  Two names I remember are "Butt" and "Hendre
Huffcap".   One oddity of many of them is that new trees can take a
very long time to come into bearing.  I have one that took over 15
years.  The trees are supposed to be very long lived, though.
-Lon Rombough
short, low resolution clip here:
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
A video about The Grape Grower :