[NAFEX] Using Quince Fruit

Kieran &/or Donna holycow at frontiernet.net
Mon Oct 12 09:00:38 EDT 2009

There are some very nice recipes for meat with quince, mostly middle eastern and eastern Europe.  I haven't used Cydonia for jam but I understand the pectin content is very high.  I have grated the ornamental quinces with pear for jam, but best of all was hot pepper jam with grated quince for the pectin.  Half quince, half sweet peppers, and an equal measure of sugar, with 1-3 jalapenos per pint.  You'd probably have to add something to make it tart.   Donna