[NAFEX] syrups.

Richard Harrison rharrison922 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 12 07:23:20 EDT 2009

Stephen,
    What do we do with our syrup? Like the ice cream commercial "we eat what we want---and sell the rest". Sometimes we barter. On another forum, I swapped a quart of sugarcane syrup for a quart of maple syrup with a guy in MI who makes 100% maple and sorghum syrup.
    To make a cup of syrup, say 8 oz, you would need about 6(or less) stalks of average size sugarcane squeezed by a hand mill perhaps---$300 new from Brazil including freight(should be much cheaper in Brazil). It isn't very efficient, but when you only need less than a gallon of juice....
                                                         Richard