[NAFEX] Do plum trees (specifically Mount Royal) tend towards beingbiennial ?

Claude Jolicoeur cjoli at gmc.ulaval.ca
Wed Oct 7 21:12:19 EDT 2009

Peter,
I also find my Mt-Royal quite irregular in cropping - it makes huges crops
about once in 4 years, some years of light to medium crops, other years of
almost no crop.
The crop also depends on the curculio pressure - Some years, there are many
flowers, but curculios get the most of the crop and the plums drop before
maturity - this even if I spray Surround. And other years, it's the racoons
that get the crop before I have time to harvest it!
2008 was a great year and I harvested 35 kg from this tree - I couldn't use
all of it! This year I got about 5 kg.

Claude Jolicoeur
Quebec