[NAFEX] Green Gage plum

Rosholdt rosholdt at erols.com
Mon Nov 30 13:45:33 EST 2009

I must admit to being ignorant about the niceties of Green Gage, in
terms of taste.  However, I tried some Green Gage at Vintage Virginia
Apples and was very satisfied with the fruit.  So now I have a tree from
them - and great hopes.  The description says the Reine Claude was
renamed by the British in 1725 and that this is an ancient Armenian
variety.

Barbara Rosholdt
Z7 Central Piedmont Virginia