[NAFEX] Question for Lon - or anyone

Ginda Fisher list at ginda.us
Fri Nov 27 17:27:12 EST 2009

How would you compare Venus to Jupiter to NY Muscat for flavor and
other eating characteristics?  And when do they ripen as compared to
Canadice?

I'm thinking of putting in either a Jupiter, a NY Muscat, or a Venus.
I know that I enjoyed NY Muscat warm off the vine, but noticed you
said that muscat types lose a lot of flavor shortly after picking.

I'm in zone 6, and have a Canadice that does well vegetatively, but
the flowers turn brown and shrivel most springs.  You suggested it
might be too much nitrogen, and I wonder if it's a lack of full sun.
But even if it flowered, Canadice ripens at a bad time for me, because
I'm often out-of-town that week.  I'd have more of a shot of
harvesting something that ripened about 2 weeks later.

Thanks,
Ginda