[NAFEX] gummosis question

Mark Angermayer hangermayer at isp.com
Sat Nov 21 19:50:58 EST 2009

Captafol is no longer legal to sell in the U.S.  It's registration was voluntarily withdrawn in 1999, so I doubt you could find any, even if you wanted to.  It seems it was a pretty bad carcinogen.  It was a fungicide, so I doubt it would do much for your gummosis, which is generally caused by bacteria.  I suppose you've checked for borers?  Dormant copper sprays are about the only option available for bacterial gummosis.

Mark
KS