[NAFEX] Hardy Prunus, Apricots

loneroc loneroc at countryspeed.com
Sat Nov 21 06:42:14 EST 2009

Hi Sarah,

I grow many of the same varieties here in a zone 3 climate in the northern
US.  The only cultivars that are typically touted for the far north that I'd
avoid are (surprisingly) Moongold and Sungold from the Minnesota breeding
program.  Not very hardy and not particularly good quality.  I am intrigued
by those "famous Capilano apricots from Edmonton".  I've not heard of them
before and who in the North would not want to try a famous apricot--Can you
tell us more about them?

Steve Herje
SW WI USA USDA Z3