[NAFEX] gummosis question

seth jones setjon at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 15:21:37 EST 2009

I have half a dozen four year old Red Haven peaches in my orchard. Couple
years ago I accidently damaged the base of one trunk with my mower. Soon
thereafter found the tell tale brown syrup oozing out. Thought it might be
sap at first but it's definitely gummosis. I want to treat it this year
coming. Anyone have experience with eliminating. I've read about Captafol
but haven't found enough info. Hate to lose the whole tree but I'll take it
out if it's a real threat to my other peaches.
Thanks in advance
Seth Jones
New York State
Zone 4-5