[NAFEX] Hardy Prunus, was Re: Staking of immature fruit trees

Caren Kirk quirky at videotron.ca
Mon Nov 16 14:12:06 EST 2009

Thanks Richard and Doug for your inputs.

Interesting Richard that you suspect deydration had a part in killing your
Reliance, we had a freakishly warm and dry April and I think it played a
part in doing in my Reliance ( I am ( or should I say was) way to lazy to
water in April!).

Doug thanks for the advice, I  adore apricots but seem to rememebr someone
on NAFEX commenting that I could probably plant one up here but I would
never get fruit, so I haven't been brave enough to try one, especially after
this spring's losses. One mustn't give up but one does need the cash to keep
planting!

As for plums, I can't wait to try fresh ripe plums off my own Mirabelle that
I planted this spring.  OK, it's got to survive ( it should be hardy
enough), and will take a few years to fruit I know, but one must have hope!

Fruit optimists of the North unite!

Caren (Ag Can 4b)