[NAFEX] leaves around peach trees

Richard MURPHY murphman108 at msn.com
Sat Nov 14 18:30:35 EST 2009

Dear Toni;

Mulch is OK for small trees, as long as you do something to prevent Vole damage.

Maybe you don't have voles. I didn't know I had them, until 20 apple trees got girdled, all because I put a nice thick layer of pine bark mulch around each tree in a 4 foot circle. Then, I roto-tilled the field next to this row of trees. All the rodent refugees ran from the tilling, and into my mulch. Expensive lesson. Pissed me off BIG time!!

Murph

R A Murphy Jr