[NAFEX] Currant pine blister rust hazzard

Lee Reich lreich at hvc.rr.com
Thu Nov 12 16:14:18 EST 2009

An important reason why the restrictions were removed was because
white pine ceased to be an important timber crop. Also because it was
found that under ideal conditions disease spores could travel hundreds
of miles.

I have seen blister rust on susceptible varieties of black currants,
and most varieties are susceptible. The most notable exceptions are
Consort, Crusader, Coronet, and many of the Russian varieties. I
believe that the person to whom you are referring is Greg Quinn whose
company is a www.aucurrant.com.

Lee Reich, PhD
http://www.leereich.com/

Books by Lee Reich: