[NAFEX] Currant pine blister rust hazzard

Alan Haigh alandhaigh at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 15:28:43 EST 2009

I thought the latest on the pine blister rust hazard of all currants as a
threat to pines was that the threat was essentially bogus which was why NY
State removed the restrictions on growing them.  I know I've been growing
susceptible varieties for a very long time right next to white pines with no
issues so far.  The last one to tell me that the fear was  unfounded was the
man who was attempting to create a black currant industry in the Hudson
Valley and was about to open a processing plant for them.  I forget the
man's name but I bet one of you out there knows who I'm talking about.
First name was Richard I think.