[NAFEX] currants and white pines

Lee Reich lreich at hvc.rr.com
Wed Nov 11 20:14:48 EST 2009

In researching this question years ago, I learned that cultivated red
(and white and pink) currants are generally resistant to white pine
blister rust, as are cultivated varieties of gooseberries. That has
also been my experience growing many varieties here, where white pines
are numerous. European black currants, on the other hand, are very
susceptible, although there are some disease resistant or immune
varieties.

Lee Reich, PhD
http://www.leereich.com/

Books by Lee Reich: