[NAFEX] In Defense of Big Apple Trees

Claude Jolicoeur cjoli at gmc.ulaval.ca
Tue Nov 10 17:19:42 EST 2009

No,
They were there when I bought the land in 1983. They had been left untended
for about 10 years. I had quite a good job of pruning to do the first years!
I think the roots are seedlings, or maybe also Antonovka or some other
russian could have been used as rootstock at the time (by end of the 1940's).
Claude