[NAFEX] Apple Rootstocks

Ginda Fisher list at ginda.us
Mon Nov 9 23:38:07 EST 2009

Here's something I wrote up for Pomona following the one NAFEX meeting
I attended.  Professor Cummins spoke about the apple rootstocks Cornel
has been working on, and it mostly deals with those.  But it has some
interesting general information.  Oh, and when I was planting some
stuff, I spoke to Professor Cummins about rootstocks for my backyard,
in eastern MA, zone 6.  Of the traditional semi-dwarf rootstocks (not
needing support) he recommended M7.  It's an old reliable workhorse.
It's not the most fireblight resistant, nor the most hardy, nor the
most. . . . but it's pretty good in most ways.

Ginda

Begin forwarded message: