[NAFEX] Growing Amelanchier

Douglas Woodard dwoodard at becon.org
Thu Nov 5 16:08:19 EST 2009

Lucky, my observation of Amelanchier X grandiflora (I think) seedlings
at a conservation planting near here was that the berries were big and
juicy (solids content apparently lower than A. laevis) but not as
strongly flavoured as A. laevis, and the production was rather sparse.
How do yours produce?

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Niagara Peninsula