[NAFEX] Quince clafoutis ,grit cells

Ginda Fisher list at ginda.us
Tue Nov 3 00:28:27 EST 2009

And I made pear clafoutis, replacing the lemon/cinamon/maple suggestions in the various recipes with orange (from extract and grand marnier.)  it was a big hit.  I've never cooked with pear before and will do it again.

-- Ginda

growyourown at earthlink.net wrote:

     This weekend I made the quince clafoutis. It was the first time I have cooked with  quince. I turned out pretty good. One suggestion and this is only a matter of taste but in the future for any dessert like this I would  not want to brown the custard on top too much as this seems to take away from custardiness and make it more cake like. Do quince have grit cells? The seemed to have these hard things in there that I didnt like one bit. They were a total  distraction. Maybe i didnt core it properly.  I do love the smell of quince. They are worth having around just for there fragrance.
Mark