[NAFEX] Off topic. The Botany of Desire on PBS

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Mon Nov 2 22:07:40 EST 2009

In a message dated 11/2/2009 9:40:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sdw12986 at aol.com writes:

> I haven't watched it yet, on the computer, but it appears that the
> entire show can be watched here:  http://video.pbs.org/video/1283872815/
> I want to watch it because I missed nearly half of the show on TV.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the off topic link. I watched the short segment on the Alsmeer
flower auction in Holland. I have been there and seen it in action. Totally
amazing place. About 60% of each days world total supply of flowers is
auctioned there each morning. The short segment doesn't do it justice!

The auction takes place early in the morning and as I recall is over by
10:00 AM. The flowers are then loaded on planes and are shipped all over the
world. The auction is owned by growers. Hundreds of acres of greenhouses in
Holland.

Jerry