[NAFEX] Grafting suggestions

Jim Fruth jimfruth at charter.net
Mon Nov 2 10:23:31 EST 2009

Ginda wrote, "In my experience, parafilm works great for sealing the graft,
but is not sufficient for binding it in place."

    That probably depends on how you do it.  I use only parafilm with good
success.  Non-adhesive electrical tape works good too and may be easier to
obtain on short notice.

    When I teach grafting we do whip-and-tongue and cleft grafting only
because I have about a 95% success rate compared to a poor success rate
doing budding.  Budding only gets a brief mention in my classes.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472
For jams, jellies, syrups and more: