[NAFEX] Jim Elie...Trebizond Dates

jelie at new.rr.com jelie at new.rr.com
Sun Nov 1 11:43:32 EST 2009

Hey Scott,

While transplanting the young trees, I noticed that there were multiple trunks that were rooted, either from a couple seeds germinating or from the some of the lower wood rooting.   It was basically coppicing taking place from the plant having been set low in the pot and any additional trunks and branches managing to root on their own.  Russian olive are classified as a large shrub to a small tree so multiple trunks are a common occurrence.  All of the rooted branches and trunks that I had separated were rooted enough to survive the transplanting and manage some fair growth through the growing season.

Jim Elie
Green Bay WI
zone 4/5