[NAFEX] Grafting in a Botany Class

nottke1 nottke1 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 1 10:08:26 EST 2009

Gene,

I find that a short piece of 1 inch wide masking tape, just long enough to go around the graft twice, is adequate to hold a whip-&-tongue graft, which I then seal with Parafilm.
I will check with a couple of my rootstock sources when the workweek starts up tomorrow and see if anyone has 40-50 apple R/S available.
You will need to get scion wood from a colder clime than mine - my apple trees are still fully leafed.

BTW nice photo of you on the seminar announcement page.

Jim Nottke in Pfafftown, NC