[NAFEX] Snakes in raspberries

William C. Garthright billg at inebraska.com
Sun Jun 28 11:06:10 EDT 2009

Thanks for the comments. Lots of possibilities, apparently!

The snake wasn't in a place where it could get sun - the raspberry patch
would be a terrible choice for that - but maybe it wouldn't know that
before climbing up there. It just seemed so odd. I assumed that it was
after prey, but I couldn't imagine what (note that I've NEVER seen a
frog or a toad in my yard, in 25 years).

Well, a snake's view of things is likely to be different than mine, but
I could see it being safer there than on the ground. And I didn't think
about bird's eggs. I imagine they would be a tasty snack for any snake
that could find a nest.

Thanks again. I just wondered.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
The door of a bigoted mind opens outwards so that the only result of the
pressure of facts upon it is to close it more snugly. - Ogden Nash