[NAFEX] Anyone growing goji in zone 4?

John S swim_at_svc at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 25 12:37:53 EDT 2009

This stuff is super easy to propagate from cuttings and tip rooting.  I experience no die off and in fact see leaves on some plants for a good part of the winter.  So far I have not had enough fruit to do anything with except eat raw.  They turn red, then remain blaw tasing (sort of like a bad almost ripe tomato) until they have been hanging red on the plant for about a month (never actually measured the time), then they sweeten up and improve.  My vines grow as fast as kiwi, which means I have to trim them several times a growing season if I expect them to not overpower my autumn olive.  Not a good producer, perhaps because of pollination issues.  It appears that the pollen on a flowen is only viable for a few hours.