[NAFEX] leachy phosphorous

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Thu Jun 25 09:42:43 EDT 2009

Actually, since
	a) it's an essential plant nutrient
	b) there are lots of plants in existence that need it
	c) during just about all of the evolutionary history of these plants
humans were not applying P annually to supply them:
	therefore, it's got to be made available by some process not involving
human intervention. It's possible, of course, that this process may be
damaged/nonfunctional in some cultivated fields, especially if it
involves bacteria or fungi.

I think I did post earlier about the capability of some plants to put P
into forms usable by others.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly