[NAFEX] left-over pear scions - grafting help

Anton Ptak antonptak at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 15:10:02 EDT 2009

I am hoping someone may know of a grafting technique I could use with some
leftover pear scions and rootstock i have left.  I'm not very experienced as
a grafter but we were happy to get about 50% of my 60 grafts to take in my
1st year - mostly on pears, some apples and plums as well.  I had some
leftover 5-6" sticks of scionwood that after a couple more months in the
fridge started to leaf out.  I put them in water and they seem to have
healthy looking growth.  I also have some extra rootstocks in the ground
that I didn't get to grafting.  Is there any grafting method that might work
well for using what I have left this summer or should i just leave the
scions in a vase as an interesting display on the dining room table and try
to get some summer budwood for chip grafting?

Thanks,
Anton Ptak
zone 4 - western wisconsin