[NAFEX] Persimmon Popped

JAMES ELIE tomelzear at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 23 14:47:22 EDT 2009

This year I was actually surprised how early my persimmons leafed out.  In the past they haven't leafed out until mid June but this year they were breaking out of their leaf buds before the end of May.  It does seem like an odd year for them to be doing that.  I have always read that they love heat...... that was something we just didn't see during this  past spring.

I have a Rosseyanka, Garretson, NC-10, Pipher, and a male from Hidden Springs Nursery.  My Meader passed on after proving she was self-fertile.

Jim Elie
Green Bay WI
Z4/5